Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kale Pesto Pizza

I haven't done a pizza post in a while, just haven't had the time. But the one I made last night was amazing. I used the Kale Pesto from my Halloween Taco Rice Bowl post as the sauce, with some caramelized onions.  And I used the always delicious Daiya cheese. I didn't blind bake this one because I was lazy. I just made sure my oven was as hot as I could get it first. The key to a good crust is high heat and as little time in the oven as possible.




Kale Pesto Pizza
1 pizza crust (try mine)
1/2 cup kale pesto (try mine)
1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella
1/2 an onion, cut into slices and caramelized
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped









Pre-heat the oven as high it will go, mine was set to 500 degrees.

Roll out and shape your pizza into a pizza pan.







Top with the pesto.







Sprinkle on the cheese.






Add the caramelized onions.






Top with the olives. I suggest buying pitted ones, it was a pain to pit these.









Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Once again, this a non-dairy cheese so it will not get bubble. But Daiya cheese does melt so don't worry.



It went nicely with a glass pinot noir (thanks for the suggestion mom).








2 comments:

  1. yum - I have only tried kale pesto once but never thought of it as a pizza topping - must go back to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why I have not used pesto as a piza base before is beyond me! That looks freaking delicious.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete