Monday, July 15, 2013

Roasted Fennel Carrots


I decided to make a healthier side dish for burgers instead of fries. I randomly threw some spices on some carrots and roasted them. They came out so good I could not believe it. Michael instantly told me to put them on my blog! I used the organic carrots from my veggie box delivery.

This recipe calls for mango powder. The powder it made from dried green mangoes. It's a common spice in Indian cooking.  It's kind of tart and zesty. I bought it awhile since most of the Indian foods Michael ask for call for it (I am trying to not make "white people Indian food" as he calls it) and I am learning to love it. It can be found in Indian Grocery stores and most health food stores. It's worth adding to your spice rack. 

This recipes make 2 servings, but can be easily multiplied.

Roasted Fennel Carrots
1 medium bunch of carrots, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 tbs coconut oil (warmed if necessary so it is liquid) 
1 tsp mango powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp curry powder
1/2  tbs whole fennel seeds
Salt and Pepper, to taste


Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

If using fresh organic carrots, cut the top greens off. Wash well.

Chop the carrots into larger bit-sized pieces, about 1 inch or so. 

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. 

Roast in the oven until soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes. 


A healthy side dish loaded with flavor! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment