Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sweet and Tangy Baked Beans


These baked beans are incredible. No joke. And they happened to already be vegan! My mom always made baked beans this way when I was growing up. When I had just plain beans out the can at my friends' houses, I would think why? why would you eat something so boring? Michael loves them too. I could make these everyday and he wouldn't complain. I could go on and on, but please make them for yourself and see. 

This recipe makes 6 serving.


Baked Beans
55 oz can vegetarian baked beans 
8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard powder 
Salt and Pepper, to taste as needed 


Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Make sure you work in the mustard powder, painful to bite into a pocket of that stuff. 

Baked for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. 


It it cool slightly before serving and then enjoy! It's a great summertime treat, I took a big tray (made 3 times the amount) to a family picnic. I love it with a juicy Tofurky Brat

No comments:

Post a Comment