Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu 2012

Thanksgiving is coming up so I thought I would post my menu like I did last year.  I am so happy that, unlike last year, I actually get to eat with people! (Not that I don't love my kitty Penny, but she is not the best dinner companion) We will be attending two Thanksgivings because that is how Michael's family does it.  On Thursday we are going to his sister who lives just a few streets over from us. On Friday we are driving to Lincoln for dinner at his other sister's house. And to make it easier for our lovely hosts, I am bringing my own food. That way I know what I can eat, and no one has to worry or feel bad.


Since we aren't going very far on Thursday, I am bringing more elaborate things:
Roasted Veggies
Mashed Cauliflower 
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie





I have to work in the morning on Friday and then have about a 3 hour car ride, so I am bringing one simple combination dish:
Stuffed Pumpkin (stuffed with stuffing, veggies, and tofu)







Check out my recipes from last year, they were all really good and not that complicated. 

I am very excited to share my lovely vegan dishes with my new family. 

**Speaking of family, the previously mentioned Penny and her sister Zoey are still part of mine. They are living with my parents in Oregon for the time being until we are more settled here. Like Lilo says, "Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind," so my kama'aina keiki will eventually become California girls.
A picture my mom sent me of my girls, I miss them so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment