Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu 2013

My seitan roast from 2011
I am SO excited for this Thanksgiving. Not only do I have so much to be thankful for, but this pregnant mama has been craving stuffing and mashed potatoes for weeks now.

Michael got me a job at his work a few weeks ago, which is going very well. Tomorrow we are having a company Thanksgiving Potluck. I am bring a seitan roast with veggies, similar to the one I made two years ago. However, since I have to be at work at 8 AM and the party is at 3PM, I decided to try making it in a crockpot in the break room. It will be pretty much the same recipe, just minus baking in the oven. I will post how it went tomorrow.

For actual Thanksgiving we are going to Michael's Brother-in-law's Mom's (that's confusing to type out...) house in Tracy. It's about an hour car ride, so I have some logistical issues. I want potatoes, stuffing, baked tofu, and veggies. But, I don't want to have 5 dishes with me in the car. Then I would have to heat all those dishes back up when I get there. Too big of a hassle. Then I realized  I could make a casserole-like thing with all those layers. It would be easy to transport and heat back up.

I am thinking of doing the bottom layer baked tofu, then stuffing with cranberries, and the top layer mashed potatoes. I will post the recipe later. Until then, check out all my other holiday recipes!

Stuffed Pumpkin
Stuffed Roast
Seitan Roast
Mashed Cauliflower
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie




No comments:

Post a Comment