Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Recipe Contest: Make A Dish For My Baby!


I recently posted a recipe for a Samosa Pizza. As I was eating it I realized the dish represents two of my baby's heritages, Indian and Italian. It made me happy to know that soon Michael and I will have a son to teach about the world. So I decided to share all this happiness with all of you by a recipe contest! Make a vegan dish that incorporates 2 or more of my son's heritages, and you could win an Amazon gift certificate!  

The Official Rules:
  • It must be completely vegan  (no meat, no dairy, no eggs, or any other animal products)
  •  It must incorporate two or more my son's heritages: Fijian, Indian, Hispanic (Spanish), Caribbean, Native American, Polish, Italian, French Canadian, or German. 
    • Major bonus points if you can get all his heritages in the dish
  • Be creative! I want something more than frozen ravioli with curry sauce. 
  • Please include a story about how you came up the recipe 
  • Email me the recipe, easy to follow instructions, and a photo of the dish at samanthaskelly@rocketmail.com.  
    • Please include the subject "Recipe Contest" 
    • Please include your name and a valid return email address so I can contact you if you win
    • If you have a blog, please include the link so I can link the recipe. 
  • If one or more of the requirements above is missing, the submission will not be considered.
  • First place will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate via email. 
  • Second place will receive a $25 Amazon gift certificate via email
  • Third and Fourth place will receive honorable mention 
  • Submission deadline is April 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM
  • The winners will be contacted via email by April 30, 2014
  • Winners must respond by May 7, 2014
  • Contest not open to family members and close friends 
Can't wait to see your recipes! Good Luck!

Check out my pregnancy/motherhood blog, Vegan Babymama, for why we chose the name Jack and other updates about my pregnancy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment