Sunday, November 6, 2011

Indian Inspired Pizza

I have toyed with the idea of making an Indian style pizza for awhile. Should it be on naan bread? Should I try to make my own naan bread? Cheese or no cheese? Curry sauce? Tomato sauce? I could never make-up my mind so I never made it. This Friday, I really wanted some curry spice for dinner so decided to just give it a try and tweak is next time I make it. I decided to make it on normal pizza dough for now, no cheese, and both curry and tomato sauce. It came out pretty good but I think naan bread would be better for next time.



Indian Inspired Pizza
1 ball of pizza dough (try mine)
1/2 cup hummus (try mine)
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup curry sauce (try mine)
1/4 cup frozen spinach
1/4 cup frozen corn







Pre-heat the oven to as high as it will go .






Microwave the frozen veggies and then stir in the curry sauce.  Set aside.







Roll the dough out into desire shape and thickness.







Spread on the hummus.






Pour on the diced tomatoes.




Lastly top with the veggies.











Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the toppings are hot. 


I love the contrast between the spicy veggies and the creamy hummus. Went lovely with a glass of rosé. Next time I will attempt to make my own naan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment