Saturday, April 23, 2011

Orange Pineapple Smoothie

I got free bananas from a fruit stand in Kona yesterday for Earth Day, so I made another great smoothie for breakfast this morning. I wanted something light since tonight I am making one of the most delicious things in the world, pierogi! Orange and pineapple blend together nicely so it has a clean, fruity taste. I used coconut water instead of soy milk. Coconut water is packed with vitamins, especially potassium. All my fruits are fresh since I live in Hawaii, but frozen is still better than no fruits at all. But always get fresh if you can, the cooking/flash freezing process strips it of some nutrients.

Orange Pineapple Smoothie
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 orange, pealed and membrane removed
1 medium banana
1 cup coconut water
Handful of ice cubes










Put everything into a blender and blend until combined and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment