Friday, April 8, 2011

Veggie Pizza

Like I said in my Pad Thai Pizza post, Friday night is pizza night for my family, and I am trying to keep the tradition alive now that I live on my own.

This is my go-to pizza. It's simple, but always delicious. Like the Pad Thai Pizza, it has no cheese. Instead there is a layer of hummus that gives it a creamy texture that makes you forget about cheese all together. I used homemade hummus, which I will post a recipe for later, but  I used store-bought tomato sauce because I don't have enough tomatoes right now.

I get the veggies for my pizza from the salad bar at the grocery store. They are already cut up and ready to go.







I posted a recipe earlier for an Easy Pizza Dough. You can use a pre-made or pre-baked one, but try making one for yourself. It really makes a difference.




Veggie Pizza
1 pre-baked pizza crust (try mine)
1 cup hummus 
1 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1/4 cup sliced red onions
1/4 cup red/green/yellow peppers






Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Evenly spread the hummus on the pizza crust.


I sprinkled on some dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
Next spread the tomato sauce on top of the hummus.  I suggest the hummus goes first because it is easier to spread that way.










Next top with the remaining veggies.








Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the veggies are heated.


Pair with your favorite vegan beer or naturally sweetened soda, and you have yourself a yummy Friday night treat. 

If you like wheat beer, I suggest Blue Moon. And if you like spicy, throw in a hot pepper in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment