Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Single Microwave Blondie

I came back from class today with a sweet tooth. I complained to my friend Amanda that it sucks to make a whole dessert when all you want is one serving. If only there was a way to make a single serving so I am not tempted to eat the whole thing.... Then I remembered a recipe I saw on Veg Web awhile ago, Microwave Brownie for One. Then I remembered I don't have coco powder and thought my sweet tooth would go unsatisfied. But, a new recipe was posted a few days ago, Microwave Coconut Blondie for One. It is the same basic recipe, just without coco powder and coconut milk instead. I decided to make a chocolate chip blondie based on the two recipes. I threw in some peanut butter for protein too.

 
Microwave Blondie
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tps salt
1/8 tps baking powder
2 tbs soy milk
1 tbs vegan butter
1 tbs peanut butter
1/4 tps vanilla extract
Small handful vegan chocolate chips (I broke up 3 squares of a dark chocolate bar)







In a small microwavable bowl or ramekin, mix together all the ingredients until smooth. 












The batter is good all by itself.
Scrape down the sides, it will make cleaning the bowl easier later.













I was a little concerned when it puffed like a marshmallow at first.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn. It will still be pale in color when it's done. If it browns, you probably burned it. It will look kind of spongy, but be slightly firm to touch.










It's not the best blondie I've ever had, but overall it's pretty good. The texture is a bit chewy. Definitely cured my sweet tooth though--- and is a much better alternative to eating a whole batch of cookies.
A nice treat for myself for doing well on my chemistry exam.

Did you know that microwaves are actually electromagnetic waves, not heat waves?  I learned something in astronomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment